Chinese Seniors’ Storytelling Workshop (2016)
The Chinese Seniors’ Storytelling Workshop series was a new initiative created by CCNCTO and ALPHA Education. Using storytelling, in the form of art and food, Chinese seniors drew and/or painted, and shared their knowledge, cooking recipes, and life experiences to empower each other in a fun and exciting way. High school youth were also involved in learning more about these memories associated with food. A final celebratory event was held to showcase the artwork, recipes, and stories to the community.
To learn more about the final celebratory event, check out the Art & Food Storytelling Festival.
- Workshop 1: Learning to Use Art for Self-Expression
- Workshop 2: The Power of Storytelling
- Workshop 3: Re-Create Significant Life Moments Through Food
- Workshop 4: Project Creation Part 1
- Workshop 5: Project Creation Part 2
- Workshop 6: Sharing & Exchange with Youth
- ArtHeart Community Art Centre
- Studio 210, 585 Dundas Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 2B7
- Saturday, August 27th, 2016 to Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Connecting (Video #1)
Expressing (Video #2)
Expressing (Video #3)